Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This girl broke my heart

I was just about to add the sugar to my coffee this morning when I was joined by a young lady.Coffee. Photograph by Tim IrvingShe looked like she'd been recently abandoned. She just sat next to me and gave me that look!
Stray dog. Photograph by Tim IrvingI stroked her for 10 minutes and gave her some dog biscuits (always have a few in the car).
Stroking the dog. Photograph by Tim IrvingThen I had to leave her. I've been thinking about her all day.

12 comments:

  1. That's really heartbreaking to see. It looks like she's hungry, needs a bath and lots of tlc. Her eyes look very, very sad.

    I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou!I will have dog and cat food in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, are you going to go back and get her? She is VERY special! Doggies are my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's difficult. There are so many strays here it's heartbreaking.

    I found a home for one recently here http://www.julierescue.com/ but there's a limit to how many dogs they can rescue.

    I'll have coffee at the cafe again in the morning. If she's still there I'll try and help her. How's that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have gladly taken her, but I'm not there, I'm here. Bless you for carrying doggie biscuits around with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I feel much better now. Although, I completely understand the situation. I knew you had a big heart - because only special people carry bisquits in their pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those irressistable looks... They are also my weakness..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you get to see the young lass(ie) again? Hope she'll be in good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I decided that if she came up to me again this morning, I would take her in and try and find her a home.

    I saw her, not far from the cafe. She was following an elderly man. He could be her owner or he might have taken a shine to her. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...she has beautiful golden ears. I hope she finds a warm home :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your tenderness towards animals.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin