Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Country cottage - this house even has gingham

Just for fun, can you guess what type of person lives in this house? I'll tell you now that it's not me, it's too neat and tidy.

The house is in Spain but there are touches of northern Europe and the middle east throughout.
Gingham bed. Photograph by Tim IrvingThese walls are pale lemon, see the contrast with the ceiling

Living room.Photograph by Tim Irving
main bedroom. Photograph by Tim Irving
Esparto skiting. Photograph by Tim IrvingThe bottom photo is to draw your attention to the skirting board (baseboard in the US). This one is woven from esparto grass.

So what type of person lives here? How old are they, do they work and if so, what do they do?

Answer: It's a he, and he's a young-ish doctor.

8 comments:

  1. mmm...they're retired ?
    oh well...may be not!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I'm so bad at profiling...hmmmm? Let's see an older man who is retired and possibly a writer?

    Dying to know...you will tell, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. a tall woman with humor,likes to be outside alot .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me, too. I'm bad at guessing. But I'll give it a shot. Perhaps an artisan like a woodmaker or a tiler.

    Teacher? Journalist?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, why didn't I think of that? In hindsight, I think the decor is too minimalist for him to be any of those I mentioned. Yeah, too "nickel" (neat). Fun game, anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I certainly wouldn't have guessed a youngish doctor. I was WAY off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually thought of a young urban professional :) not that far off huh?

    Just came across your blog - amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin