I walk past ladies from our village every day in the 'campo' (countryside). The lady in the middle has recently had a pacemaker fitted. She was very keen for me (and anyone else), to feel her pulse. I can only describe it as a weird sensation - a feeling like fluttering under the skin.As you can see from the parasols, the weather has been good, but I was informed by a local man this morning that today, the 21st of September, is the first day of autumn. No golden autumnal leaves to be seen yet - everything still looks green and lush here!
i love this..i would love to spend my elderly years like this. somehow aging doesn't seem the same in the usa, its rather frowned upon..
ReplyDeleteEveryone is posting "goodbye to summer - hello to autumn" topics on their blogs the past couple of weeks. I don't care for autumn, including the colors of changing leaves. No thanks. I recently wrote on someone else's blog that I hunker down and run over autumn like it's a bed of hot coals, head down and holding my breath until I get through to the other side. Fortunately for me, I live in a pocket of California that enjoys a Mediterranean climate, hence not too many glaring displays of fall.
ReplyDeleteI do like your photo though!