Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A house with mix of styles

This house belongs to someone who isn't afraid to mix styles. It's a traditional village house in Andalucia, reformed and re-styled a couple of years ago. The furniture is a mixture of English, Spanish, French and Moroccan, all of different vintages. Decoration is a mixture of Spanish and Moroccan.

I love to see the effect of natural materials used in the houses here!
Rich, dark wooden furniture looks stunning on terracotta tiled floors, knarled and wiggly original ceiling beams against white walls and ceilings, huge old olive jars used as plant pots for palms, stained glass lamp shades, hand woven rugs, and often handmade ceramic tiles on walls and amongst the floor tiles.

What a beautiful eclectic mix it all makes!


Summer house.Photograph by Tim Irving
Summer house.Photograph by Tim Irving
Summer house.Photograph by Tim Irving
Summer house.Photograph by Tim Irving
Summer house.Photograph by Tim Irving
Summer house.Photograph by Tim Irving

2 comments:

  1. I was sent this way by Holly at Her Southern Heart. Your photography is beautiful, and I look forward to checking out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the tile floor pattern/colors in the sitting area by the fireplace. And I always love those irregular ceiling beams.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin