When the picture finaly appeared on the TV, I became mesmerised for one hour, which is how long childrens TV programmes were broadcast for each day. A few of the TV programs I saw were from Europe, they had terrible middle class English voice overs, but I never noticed at the time. They were quite magical and introduced me to several exotic European countries.
One of my big favourites was 'Belle and Sebastien' from 1968. The story was about a small boy named Sebastien who befriended Belle, a white dog, who roamed the mountains of the French Alps.
So Disc Number 7 is the theme from 'Belle and Sebastein'. It's less than a minute long, have a listen.
I remember the days of coming home from school, having my after school snack, and watching whatever program was on (for me it was the series Black Beauty - later on the typical late 60's/early 70's shows). I was allowed one hour to watch tv before doing chores and my homework.
ReplyDelete"Belle and Sebastien" sounds like a great show for a kid.
Oh no, the tune is gone from your site and from the internet in general as far as my short search could tell:(
ReplyDelete