Friday, May 22, 2009

First cherries of the year

cherries by Tim Irving
cherries on a tree by Tim Irving This morning I picked a handful of cherries from my neighbour's tree. They're not quite ripe yet, but they were begging me to be photographed. They'll be fully ripe by next week and for the next few weeks my kind neighbours with cherry trees will leave little bags of cherries by my front door for me, whenever they pick them for themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Tim,

    Your photos are so gorgeous!

    Just discovered your blog and it's such an inspiration.

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT is a bowl of cherries. Too truly beautiful in that frosty green bowl for me to say another word.

    (But of course I must. . . at least I skipped down a line. God bless good neighbors. Mine show up with home grown artichokes, basil, cilantro, green beans, tiny tomatoes, plums, limes, and roses. One is the cellar master of a nearby wine cellar and brings us wine. His wife, who I love dearly, brings us homemade enchiladas, rice, and tamales. Oh, and you would die for her homemade chiles rellenos! The batter is light and crispy as a fried cloud. )

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin