Friday, October 30, 2009

My Desert Island Disc - Number 4 Vanessa Paradis, Joe le taxi

This post is in response to those who wanted to know when I'm going to finish off my Desert Island Discs, you know who you are!

I'd have to take 'Joe le Taxi' on my desert island as a record to dance to, while I'm getting ready to go out for the evenings............... I think it would lift my spirits!

Vanessa Paradis has enjoyed a great career as an actress and singer. She's enormously popular in France, where she's made some great movies. I'd highly recommend 'La fille sur le pont', if I was ever to make a decision about my desert island movies.



2 comments:

  1. Yep, I can TOATLLY see you standing in front of the mirror (from the back with your hat on, as that's pretty much how we all know you) getting ready to go out with that song in the background and doing goofy things in front of the mirror because nobody is watching.

    (That song reminds me SO MUCH of the breathy, girly songs that were on the radio in France in the mid-80's. Princess Stephanie had a big hit when I was there! That's pretty much the extent of my French hit radio knowledge, the mid 1980's)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I did happen to see "La Fille Sur le Pont" a few weeks ago, but my pea brain didn't retain the star's name. I never would have guessed this little gal was La Fille.

    p.s.s. I DO like the song and it WOULD put one in a good mood for going out. It stuck in my head all yesterday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin