Wednesday, September 2, 2009

South African house in Spain

I have family staying here for the next couple of weeks, and I'm juggling my time between entertaining them and earning a living. This is an issue many of you will know about, when you live in the sun, family and friends assume that you are on permanent holiday, which I'm not.

So, early mornings until lunch I work, and afternoons onwards I become the tour guide. This morning I photographed the house below for an architect. The house is in Spain but the architect is South African, all furnishings and art are also from South Africa.

This is an interesting mix because Spanish houses are traditionally very dark, to keep them cool. This house has been designed on South African lines for maximum light, and heat is taken care of by through draughts. Sounds like a good compromise.

I haven't got the time to process all the photographs for the client, or this blog, that will have to wait until the family go home. So if my blogging seems erratic over the next couple of weeks please forgive me - I'm trying my best!

Photograph by Tim Irving
Photograph by Tim Irving
Photograph by Tim IrvingPhotograph by Tim Irving

4 comments:

  1. I love the carpet and the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In many respects it reminds me of many homes in the Western United States

    (p.s. go ahead and be an erratic blogger. Don't want you to burn out and stop blogging altogether.)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin