Friday, August 21, 2009

Bee Eaters and Humming Birds

The sound of a Spanish summer is, for me, the sound of Bee Eaters. These birds arrive from Africa in late spring and fill the sky with a call of "pirrup pirrup". They fly very high, sometimes out of sight but you know they are there because of the pirrup pirrup sound.

Bee Eaters are very shy birds, the nearest I ever get to them is when I see them sitting on power lines, but if I move close to get a photograph, they always move farther away. I've been trying to get a photograph for seven summers without success. So it was with great joy plus a tinge of sadness when I discovered a collection of dead Bee Eaters in a storeroom of a museum. Not only that, but they had other Birds too.

All things come to those who wait!

Here are a couple of photographs I'll leave you with, they're available from my shop. Have a great weekend, I'll see you next week.
Tim

Bee eaters. Photograph by Tim IrvingBee Eaters


Humming Birds. Photograph by Tim IrvingHumming Birds

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tim, great photos on your Etsy shop.

    Thank you for your e-mail. I replied. Hope to hear from you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those humming birds make me so sad :(

    But on a positive note, I checked out your etsy shop today - your photographs are fantastic! I will definately be purchasing in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin