
This is the time of year fish lovers have been waiting for, the return of the sardine.I'm not a fish fan, I like tuna but I've stopped eating it because it's becoming very scarce and I preferto do without it rather than see it disappear, but sardines are something I couldn't do without.
Sardines are the most delicious fish that swims, no argument.
They appear for a few months in the summer then disappear again. They are one of the tastes of the summer.
The best place to eat them is on a beach in Spain, Portugal, France or Italy, where they are cooked on wooden spikes over a wood fire.
A few tips for succesful sardine eating:
- If possible, choose a restaurant where you can see the sardines being cooked over fire
- Give yourself plenty of time, they take longer to cook than you think
- Always eat sardines with your fingers
- Try them with a dash of lemon juice
- Sardines should be eaten within a day of being caught. Don't eat them on Monday's, (fishermen in the Mediterranean don't go to sea on Sunday)
...lovely pic !
ReplyDeleteand ...who's going to eat sardins on sunday ?
:-)
My neighbor loves sardines. I'll have to share your sardine posts with her!
ReplyDeleteoh spanish sardines are beautiful...I can still taste them mmm.
ReplyDelete